Sydney University rowers capped off a spectacularly successful week at the National Rowing Titles at Lake Barrington, Tasmania when seven members of the SUBC squad represented NSW , winning the Noel Wilkinson Trophy for the Interstate Youth Eight in the quick time of 5 min 45 secs. Early in the week SUBC rowers performed outstandingly with the highlights being:
1. National Champions U23 Men’s Hvy Eight (Hegerty, Ryan, Valli, Williams, Wilson, Allsop, Hudson, Sheridan)
2. National Champions U23 Men’s Hwy Coxless Four (Hegerty, Ryan, Valli, Williams)
3. National Champions Junior Four (Campbell, Sheridan, Cary, Howitz-Rourke and Cox: Williams)
4. Nick Hudson – National U23 Double Scull Championship
5. Tim O’Callaghan – SUBC member currently at AIS – in crews winning three National Titles Open Lightweight Pair, Four and Quad Scull
6. Rupert Sheridan – apart from winning the Junior Four, U/23 Mens Hvy Eight and the Interstate Youth Eight also finished 2nd in the National U19 Sculls
7. Dan Burke – SUBC/NSWIS – finished 3rd in the toughest event – Open Men’s Coxless Pair and may now have the opportunity for trialling in the final National Senior A Squad.
8. SUBC representatives in the Kings Cup – Francis Hegerty and Dan Burke (3rd place)
Full results at the National Champs website:
Congratulations to all SUBC rowers and also to their coaches , Joe Rodrigues , Andrew Randell and Marty Rabbjohns on concluding one of the most successful seasons in SUBC history.